Don’t Suffer from Dry Eyes
Hollywood Vision Center can diagnose dry eyes and recommend options to help you find relief. We have one of the most advanced dry eye centers in Southern California and use homeopathic medicine as just one of our many modalities. With our help, you’ll be able to shed tears of joy once again, so please book your appointment today.
Why Are My Eyes Dry?
It’s normal for your eyes to feel dry sometimes, but it shouldn’t be a regular problem. Dry eyes become a chronic condition when your tears can’t keep your eyes moist. This usually happens when the eyes stop producing enough tears or when the tears they make are of poor quality.
Dry Eye Risk Factors
You have an increased risk of dry eyes if you are:
- Over 50
- Experiencing hormonal changes from:
- Taking antihistamines
- Affected by certain vascular diseases
- Recovering from corneal surgery
- Affected by hepatitis C
- Exposed to radiation
- Have a vitamin A deficiency
- Receiving stem cell therapy
- Using certain medications (such as specific antidepressants or SSRIs)
Common Therapies for Dry Eyes
Hollywood Vision Center offers a variety of dry eye therapies. Depending on your specific case, we might recommend:
- Artificial tears: Eye drops that lubricate the surface of your eyes, reducing many symptoms associated with dry eyes.
- Steroids: Topical medications with anti-inflammatory effects that can effectively reduce even severe dry eye symptoms.
- Punctal Plugs: Plugs that help stop your tears from draining too fast. These plugs are designed to be placed in your tear ducts and have been shown to be most effective when used with other therapies.
- Heat Masks: Products that can be worn to reduce inflammation from dry eyes. Most heat masks function by gently heating and compressing the area around your eyes.
- Scleral Lenses: Lenses with a special design that creates space between them and the eye’s surface. This space can be filled with fluid that moisturizes the eyes, making these lenses a great choice for those whose eyes feel dry while wearing other lenses.
- Eyelid-Cleansing Wipes: Single-use products that may improve the efficacy of other dry eye therapies.
- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL): An innovative way to treat meibomian gland dysfunction. IPL uses light to help to liquefy blockages in the meibomian glands, softening debris so it can be expressed. The light therapy also targets inflammation, further helping to reduce your dry eye.
- MiBo Thermoflo: A device that uses continuous, controlled heat applied to the eyelids. It provides a gentle massage to the eyelid area, using heat and pressure to break down hardened debris in the meibomian glands.
Bring the Moisture Back to Your Eyes
At Hollywood Vision Center, we have one of the most advanced and innovative dry eye centers in Southern California. We use homeopathic medicine, nutraceuticals, lid exfoliation, and even amniotic membranes to treat your dry eye.
Finding relief for dry eyes is easier with our help. Please book your appointment at our practice today.
Our Location in Hollywood
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed