Don’t Suffer from Dry Eyes
Hollywood Vision Center can diagnose dry eyes and recommend options to help you find relief. With our help, you’ll be able to shed tears of joy once again, so please book your appointment today.
Why Are My Eyes Dry?
It’s normal for your eyes to feel dry sometimes, but it shouldn’t be a regular problem. Dry eyes become a chronic condition when your tears can’t keep your eyes moist. This usually happens when the eyes stop producing enough tears or when the tears they make are of poor quality.
Dry Eye Risk Factors
You have an increased risk of dry eyes if you are:
- Over 50
- Experiencing hormonal changes from:
- Taking antihistamines
- Affected by certain vascular diseases
- Recovering from corneal surgery
- Affected by hepatitis C
- Exposed to radiation
- Have a vitamin A deficiency
- Receiving stem cell therapy
- Using certain medications (such as specific antidepressants or SSRIs)
Common Therapies for Dry Eyes
Hollywood Vision Center offers a variety of dry eye therapies. Depending on your specific case, we might recommend:
- Artificial tears: Eye drops that lubricate the surface of your eyes, reducing many symptoms associated with dry eyes.
- Steroids: Topical medications with anti-inflammatory effects that can effectively reduce even severe dry eye symptoms.
- Punctal Plugs: Plugs that help stop your tears from draining too fast. These plugs are designed to be placed in your tear ducts and have been shown to be most effective when used with other therapies.
- Heat Masks: Products that can be worn to reduce inflammation from dry eyes. Most heat masks function by gently heating and compressing the area around your eyes.
- Scleral Lenses: Lenses with a special design that creates space between them and the eye’s surface. This space can be filled with fluid that moisturizes the eyes, making these lenses a great choice for those whose eyes feel dry while wearing other lenses.
- Eyelid-Cleansing Wipes: Single-use products that may improve the efficacy of other dry eye therapies.
Our Location in Hollywood
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed